Sign In

Can you combine the marriage registrar profession with a position in the public or private sectors?

Yes, you can.

What are the requirements for obtaining a marriage registrar license?

The following conditions are required: To be a Saudi national.
To be of good conduct and standing; and has not been convicted of an offense of moral turpitude unless a period of at least five years has elapsed since the end of the sentence.
To be healthy and having unimpaired senses.
To have a university degree in Shariah studies.
To pass a written exam prepared by the competent department.

Can you obtain a marriage registrar license without having a university degree in Shariah studies?

No, you can’t.

Can a marriage registrar with no degree in Shariah studies renew his license?

Yes, but he must pledge to provide the degree for a second renewal.

How long is the license valid for?

It is valid for a renewable period of five years.

When can a marriage registrar renew the license?

The renewal application must be filed through Najiz portal no later than 180 days or earlier than 90 days of the date of expiry.

What to do if the license expires without renewal

He must file for reregistration through Najiz portal.

Does a marriage registrar need to notify the Directorate if he wishes to quit his position?

Yes, he does.

What should a marriage registrar do if wishes to quit his position?

He needs to hand the records over to the competent court.

How can I be sure that the application is complete after applying?

You can track the application status through Najiz portal. If it is incomplete, a message is sent to the applicant informing him of the need for completion.

Can I file the application in person if I have a technical issue while using the online portal?

The application can only be filed electronically through the Najiz portal. You can contact the Unified Communication Center for technical support.

How to track the application status?

Through the Najiz portal.

What to do if there is a technical issue preventing login?

You can contact the Unified Communication Center for technical support.

How to change the registered mobile number or email?

You can file an application through Najiz portal for changing the mobile number or email.

Last Modified : 21 Dec 2021

سياسة الخصوصية شروط الإستخدام خريطة الموقع جميع الحقوق محفوظة لدى وزارة العدل ©